Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Holy Day

Well, today was a nice day. I slept in... again, but it was more easy going that just straight up lazy.

I went to the Memorial this evening, which in the Jehovah's Witness religion is essentially the only "holiday" wherein all "witnesses" worldwide commemorate Jesus death for our sins. It was refreshing to see a few people I haven't seen in quite a while. It's funny, because even though I haven't been much in the last year or so, a lot of it feels very comfortable and familiar.

Afterwards, I went with a friends and my family for dinner at a little mexican joint called "On The Border." It was a tasty dinner, with a couple margaritas to make it all the tastier. It's a shame I was completely full, because their dessert options looked great.

It's probably better I stopped when I did, since I am, you know, trying to get a little more fit. I am starting to feel guilty about this weekend. I started out so great with my 14+ mile ride, but fell into a lackadaisical pattern that I seem to be falling into more and more.

Tomorrow will be better. I need to get back on track and won't accept any less than success on my own part.

Now it is time to sleep. It's before midnight and I'm tired, so I will take advantage while I can.

Goodnight and goodbye.

No comments: