Sunday, March 23, 2008

It's (Almost) All Downhill

So that nice leisurely ride has finally come. After spending a couple days with my dear brother, I finally made the 11+ mile trek home. It was a gorgeous morning, and felt absolutely amazing.

I love the ride down Alta during midday, because once I pass Rainbow, I hold perfect pace with traffic. The lights are configured terribly and it's almost a guaranteed 90 second cycle for every one of those lights. There is a chance that Alta might actually be set up for someone doing the speed limit, because I hold around that speed and pass just in time... regardless, someone out there is making my commute that much easier.

The one thing that threw me was that I was going considerably slower than normal. That could be due to the load I had, which included my laptop bag, as well as some school books, clothing, and regular shoes. Afterwards, I weighed my gear and I was hauling around 40 lbs of stuff on my back and rack.

Today's stats:
Distance: 11.7 miles
Average speed: 18.0 mph
Max speed: 35.2 mph
Overall time: 38:54

Temperature:65˚
Time: 11:30 AM

No comments: